A number of tests may be performed to investigate symptoms of stomach cancer and confirm a diagnosis. Some of the more common tests include:
- a physical examination
- examination of a blood sample
- examination of a stool sample
- examination of the inside of the stomach and other parts of the upper digestive system using an endoscope (a thin tube with a light on the end of it)
- imaging of the stomach and nearby organs, which may include an X-ray, a computed tomography (CT) scan or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- taking a sample of tissue (biopsy) from the stomach wall for examination under a microscope.
updated: Fri, 23/06/2017 - 10:01